torsdag den 13. oktober 2011

If I were growing up in Akwa Ibom

If I were 10 years old and had lived in Denmark all my life, and should move to Akwa Ibom, I do not think I would survive. I would be used to having unnecessary things, clothes, food and a home with walls, doors, beds, clean water and electricity. If all that was taken from me and I had to move to Akwa Ibom with my parents and 5 siblings, we would suffer more than the African people. I would feel helpless and sad. I would be so lost in memories of my old life, instead on getting used to my new life in Africa. Maybe I would kill myself.

If my parents would join the crazy churches and my siblings would die because of the pollution, I would be doomed.

But this is something nobody knows, you can only find out, if you go there and live there. 

If I was born in Akwa Ibom and had always lived there, I think my chance of survival would be different. I would have no money, dirty water and maybe I would be a member of one of the crazy churches. But then it would be normal and I would never know that a child’s life could be much better, because I had never experienced it. My life would be miserable, because my needs and my wishes as a child would never come true. I would die young and only live to survive and not live to live. I would feel abandoned if my parents died or I was left alone to live in the streets. I would feel like a nobody among everybody.

1 kommentar:

  1. Akwa-Ibom is not as awful as you paint it. in actual fact, the present State Government is taking steps to ensure the protection of children accused of witchcraft and familiar spirits. Children get educated in Akwa-Ibom and trust me, you could have the things you termed unnecessary (which are not - food, shelter and clothing are the basic amenities for any one), people do not drink dirty water here- I think you should take a trip to the State to see things for yourself. There are good and bad aspects in any nation, no matter how developed it is. Old people, educated lived and still live in Akwa-Ibom. It is very disheartening to hear awful talk about Africa and its countries as suffering, with no future ahead, people drinking dirty water, children running around the streets naked. Please take a trip to Africa and see things for yourself.

    SvarSlet