torsdag den 13. oktober 2011

My thoughts about the child witches in Africa

I think that these things that are going on are absolutely terrible. I want to help them by giving them money, but I always wonder why things in Africa never are improving. Money that is donated through charity does not seem to help the poor, helpless and stupid religious African people, it is sad that it is not certain that the money goes to what they are supposed to. I think that the African government are rich because they keep the money for themselves.

I think it is pure evil that people can treat kids like that, but the African culture is so violent and poor that things like that is normal. I blame the government.

I am frustrated that the government is careless with its people. I am frustrated that the police does not do anything.
 
I think the children are defenseless because the families are often extremely poor, and sometimes maybe relieved to have one mouth less to feed.

The churches are seen as spiritually powerful because they can detect witchcraft and the parents pay them a lot of money for exorcism. I think the other churches might see it as a competition and they will ‘find’ child witches as well so they can earn some money and respect.

1 kommentar:

  1. Although i do agree that it is inhuman to punish, torture or murder children in the name of exorcism of spirits and witchcraft, I strongly disagree with some of your statements and will comment under each as necessary.
    Firstly,you spoke about "stupid religious african people". As an African, I find that insulting. You do not degrade people for their religious beliefs, each man is entitled to his opinion and religious preference. You also spoke about the African culture being violent and poor. This is a stereotype that you should be very careful about. The African culture is NOT violent. Contrary to the popular beliefs and myths that Africans are barbaric, backward and cannibals, this is untrue. I do agree that some violent cultural practices were and still are practised, this is in the minority and not the African culture in its entirety. There are VARIOUS African cultures according to each country in Africa. I am a Nigerian, precisely from the Yoruba speaking Oyo people and can speak for my country. Also note that the "exorcism" is practised by some white garment churches, not all. Some statements herein are biased. I cannot say all Germans are racists, murder-inclined just because of the World War II and Adolf Hitler's involvement.That said,it is true that African leaders only enrich theirselves and let the people suffer. It is quite sad and your write-up shows you do care . Every African is concerned about the level of underdevelopment in the continent. Thank you.

    SvarSlet